nafex - Re: [nafex] Rotten Grapes

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Rotten Grapes
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 21:28:14 -0700

>From other information I've seen, you probably do have black rot. Good
sanitation helps a lot with BR on Concord - removing affected fruit as soon
as you find it, and keeping the vineyard clean, including removing all
fallen leaves that might allow overwintering of the spores. You have to
remember, I don't see black rot here - the summers are too cool and dry in
this part of the country, so I don't know how it looks on all varieties -
only some I've seen in trips east, or in books.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, more, at http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

----------
>From: "Jack Wigal" <kr8z@citynet.net>
>To: <nafex@egroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Rotten Grapes
>Date: Wed, May 31, 2000, 6:53 PM
>

>Lon,
> I guess I never looked at them close enough to give a really good
>description of my problem but I remember they look as if they are ripening
>when they get the disease. Don't know if they get hard or not. One other
>thing that may help, 1988, which was probably the hottest dryest year we
>ever had here (at least to that point) was the best year my grapes ever had.
>I thought last year was a good year but a late frost wiped them out so I
>didn't get to check out my dry weather idea. I have already done some
>of the pruning Don Yellman suggested as they are growing like crazy. Maybe
>just getting the sun to shine on them a little better will help. Can't
>remember who asked me, but the vines grow great, only the grapes show signs
>of the disease. Thanks to all you for ur help, and any more ideas that may
>follow. Will let u know if I make any progress. Jack

Tired of searching?
Get the right answer, fast, from someone who's been there - guaranteed.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4520/0/_/423498/_/959833572/

  • Re: [nafex] Rotten Grapes, Lon J. Rombough, 06/01/2000