nafex - Re: ads on the [nafex] list

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • Subject: Re: ads on the [nafex] list
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 20:38:26 -0400

Tom,

I don't mind the little text ads at all, and I don't mind "still" banner
ads much, but blinking banner ads that set cookies seem excessive. I've
been playing with my mailer settings to see if I can get rid of them.
So far, the best I've been able to do is to not view attachments at all,
but that tends to render whole messages illegible - with this option
set, your last e-mail showed up as below.

I may go back to getting the "digest", which seems to strip out
attachments automatically, but makes it hard for me to refer back to an
interesting post.

Do you know if such aggresive ads are common? I have a feeling that
"free" e-mail services will be getting more expensive in the future.

I hope you had as pleasant a day as I - this is the traditional start of
the gardening season here in Massachusetts, and the weather was
perfect. Planted tomatoes, treated the sad blueberries, and did some
non-fruit gardening as well.

Best,
Ginda Fisher