nafex - [nafex] Oriental Fruit Moth vs Peach Leaf Curl

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Oriental Fruit Moth vs Peach Leaf Curl
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 13:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have looked in my refeerence books and I am still not sure how to tell
the difference between the early symptoms of peach leaf curl and oriental
fruit moth.

All I am seeing right now on my peach tree is that the terminal ends, new
shoot growth is curling and shrivelling.

I have not seen any moths, eggs or any insects (but I am no eagle eye
either). Both pest and disease seem to show the same type of "flagging"
of the new peach stem growth.

Since the tree is young and not flowering yet, I gave it a spray of Volck
oil and orchard fruit tree spray, at dormant levels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

http://click.egroups.com/1/4054/0/_/423498/_/959536636/

  • [nafex] Oriental Fruit Moth vs Peach Leaf Curl, Thomas Olenio, 05/28/2000