nafex - RE: [nafex] Minie / Miney pears

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Minie / Miney pears
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:07:07 -0400

Richard:
The only cultivar of the Ottawa series that I have is Miney - and it is a
very youg graft, I didn't get fruit yet.
Also, I am very lucky not to have any fire blight at my location - I can't
report on varietal susceptibility however. I am not sure I would like to
make some artificial inoculations...
Claude

A 10:08 00.05.24 -0400, vous avez écrit :
>Claude:
>
>You are correct. I misspelled 'Miney' as 'Minie'. I should be more
>careful. Also, I had not known that 'Phileson' was part of that same
>group of cultivars. The description in Brooks and Olmo sounds like it
>would be interesting to try, especially if it is truly only "slightly
>susceptible" to fire blight. Neither parent is resistant, but we
>usually find some seedlings that are better than the parents. Mowry and
>Oitto et al. list it as susceptible. Do you have any experience with
>this cultivar?
>
>Richard L. Bell

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/0/_/423498/_/959184543/