msar-riders - [MSAR] Motorola Minitor V Pager issues FIRE HAZARD

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ilichten1@verizon.net
  • To: msar-pa@lists.ibiblio.org, msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Motorola Minitor V Pager issues FIRE HAZARD
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:29:43 -0500 (CDT)

From: William F. Jenaway [mailto:wjenaway@vfis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 4:44 PM
To: Gwiazdzinski, Brian
Subject: FW: Motorola Minitor V Pager issues

Brian, this came to me from a colleague in the National Volunteer Fire Council and is a Supervisory Instructor, West Virginia University Fire Service Extension. The email is self explanatory. If anyone has encountered these issues they may be able to guide him. This is the first I have heard. Please forward to the group. Thanks Bill

Friends,

My department has been experiencing some serious issues with Motorola Minitor V pagers, e.g. the amplified chargers are burning up and could potentially cause a fire.  We have seen issues with the charging cord(s) with the "box" literally "flaming out".

Have any of you or your departments had issues with this model?  If so, please advise.  Please feel free to distribute this inquiry to your contact list(s).

Please have all responses sent to me at tmiller@station26.org or tomfirerescue@msn.com.

I appreciate in advance your time and attention to this request for information.

Thanks,

Tom Miller

Thomas D. Miller, MA, LPC, ALPS, ADC

Fire Instructor III

Legislative Committee Member, WV State Firemans Assoc.

Supervisory Instructor, West Virginia University Fire Service Extension

WV Director to the National Volunteer Fire Council

Principal, NFPA 472/473/1072 Technical Committee

PHMSA PAPWG/PERWG Member - API RP 1162 & 1174 Consultant

  • [MSAR] Motorola Minitor V Pager issues FIRE HAZARD, ilichten1, 06/03/2015