msar-riders - [MSAR] FW: [Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue] Uploaded LAIR flyer 2015.pdf

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "irvin lichtenstein" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: <msar-pa@lists.ibiblio.org>, <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] FW: [Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue] Uploaded LAIR flyer 2015.pdf
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:07:02 -0500

Title: Facebook

From: Eric Thompson [mailto:notification+y4sz2o_6@facebookmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 3:30 PM
To: Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue

Eric Thompson

3:29pm Nov 24

Good Afternoon everyone! The Kansas City Large Animal Ice Rescue class is almost full and I noticed we don't have very many TLAER folks signed up that may have been interested in coming. I'm exploring a second class to be held at K-State in February and I also have heard from Minnesota about taking one up there. Nothing on the calendar yet. But I wanted to give a heads up to this group the KC class is anticipated to close soon if you wanted to get in on it. Have a great Thanksgiving!

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.

Registration Information

To register: email eerular1@yahoo.com with your Name, address, phone #, and “Full” or “Auditor” participation. Please note if equipment rental will be needed. Note! There are only 6 PPE rentals available (size dependent). Detailed payment and class information given upon registration.

Required PPE

Ø Drysuit or ice rescue suit

Ø Water rescue helmet

Ø PFD

Ø Cold water gloves/footwear

Ø Auditors-Need PFD if within 10 feet of ice. Dress warmly.

Class Fees

Full participant - $200.00 (PPE required)

Operations certificate awarded

Minimum 16 participants needed for class

Maximum 30 participants

Dry-land auditor - $100.00

Awareness certificate awarded

15 slots available

Dry-suit rental available: $200.00

(Includes rescue helmet and PFD) Limit 6 suits

Course Topics

Hazard identification

Ice layer construction

Scene management

Ice rescue absolutes

Rescue solutions

Land based operations

Ice/water operations

Self-Rescue

Team Rescue options

Wildlife considerations

Small animal rescue considerations

MUCH MORE!

Course Description

Incidents that involve large animals require special considerations and knowledge. This training is provided through both hands-on and classroom instruction. Large Animal Ice Rescue (LAIR) is an operations level course designed to provide first responder ice rescue training. LAIR includes large animal ice rescue training and open water rescue training, with an emphasis on advanced horse rescue techniques. Small animal ice rescue techniques will also be discussed and demonstrated in class. Course topics include

ropes, knots, mechanical advantage and anchor systems.

Rescue techniques for a variety of situations including deep water, shallow water and mud-related rescues.

2015 L.A.I.R.

LARGE

ANIMAL

ICE RESCUE

* January 16th -17th, 2015*

Leawood, KS Justice Center

4800 Town Center Drive Leawood, Kansas 66211

Instructor: Eric Thompson

WWW.EERULAR.ORG

  • [MSAR] FW: [Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue] Uploaded LAIR flyer 2015.pdf, irvin lichtenstein, 11/24/2014