msar-riders - [MSAR] FW: APCO Open Forum Digest for Friday November 7, 2014 Domestic Violence Training in Kansas

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "irvin lichtenstein" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: <msar-pa@lists.ibiblio.org>, <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] FW: APCO Open Forum Digest for Friday November 7, 2014 Domestic Violence Training in Kansas
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 13:06:44 -0500

https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/APCO911/2014%20AG's%20DV%20Training%20Flyer.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJH5D4I4FWRALBOUA&Expires=1415473152&Signature=r4OyhJG8wyL9j%2FwyeQg%2BnH7E9y4%3D

From: Association of Public Safety Communications Officials [mailto:DoNotReply@ConnectedCommunity.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:37 AM
To: ilichten1@verizon.net
Subject: APCO Open Forum Digest for Friday November 7, 2014

Association of Public Safety Communications Officials

APCO Open Forum

Nov 7, 2014

started 13 hours ago, Laura Meyers (0 total replies)

Free Domestic Violence Training

2.

This message has been cross posted to the following... Laura Meyers

started 15 hours ago, George Bastedo (0 total replies)

Use of Public Safety Radio Frequencies

4.

Good afternoon, I had a question posed to me that... George Bastedo

 2.   Free Domestic Violence Training

Top

Laura Meyers

Nov 7, 2014 3:06 PM

Laura Meyers

AttachmentKs Free DV Training

This message has been cross posted to the following eGroups: Kansas APCO and APCO Open Forum .
Free DV training offered by the Kansas Attorney General's office

Laura Meyers
Major - Support Services
Sedgwick County Emergency Communications
Wichita, KS
laura.meyers@sedgwick.gov
(316) 660-4977

Reply to Sender   View Thread   Recommend   Forward   Flag as Inappropriate

 4.   Use of Public Safety Radio Frequencies

Top

George Bastedo

Nov 7, 2014 1:25 PM

George Bastedo

Good afternoon,

I had a question posed to me that I could use some help answering.  We (the County) are licensed by the FCC for base station and mobile operations on certain public safety radio frequencies.  Various Fire, EMS, and Law Enforcement agencies (County, Village and Town) utilize those frequencies to communicate with the 911 Center.  From time to time, we get requests from other agencies (a railroad as an example) to be allowed to communicate with us during an emergency or disaster on those frequencies.  I am looking for the regulatory statute that empowers us to affirm or deny those requests.  I assume it is in FCC-land somewhere, but hope that someone that is already knowledgeable of it will save me a ton of time digging for it.

Thanks for any help!  Have a good weekend.

George Bastedo
Director of Disaster Preparedness
Wayne County Emergency Management
Lyons, NY
gbastedo@co.wayne.ny.us
(315) 946-5664

Reply to Sender   View Thread   Recommend   Forward   Flag as Inappropriate