msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Ranger Dies after Off Duty Horse Fall

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Ranger Dies after Off Duty Horse Fall
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 10:26:31 -0600

The local newspaper Silver City Sun-News has the most detailed
coverage:

Gila Forest Service employee dies in accident at Signal Peak
Fire burn area: Employee a lookout for Signal Peak
http://www.scsun-news.com/silver_city-news/ci_25951967

New Mexico SAR resources were activated to help search for this
man in the Gila National Forest but Forest Service staff found the
scene of the accident even before local NM SAR resources arrived.
I expect they tracked him from his home. The Gila National Forest
is hundreds of miles away from my town but had this mission run
into the week I would have been called and may have responded to
work on it. The last few weeks have been busy ones for NM SAR.
I was notified of 3 missions and worked 2 of them.