msar-riders - [MSAR] FW: HF Release, 5 Dead 18 Injured/South Korea

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Rebecca Gimenez'" <delphiacres@hotmail.com>, <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] FW: HF Release, 5 Dead 18 Injured/South Korea
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:27:55 -0400

Hydrogen Fluoride is probably the most dangerous industrial gas handled in quantity. It eats glass. However, those who use ammonia based fertilizers

or similar products that vaporize quickly or come in mixed gas and liquid form, such as propane or butane should review transfer and storage practices.

Besides smothering hazards and corrosive properties some have critical points for expansion, explosion, or other hazards.