msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Pictures

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Finkle" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Pictures
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 07:02:04 -0500

It is very unlikely that your device will be seized, as the data provided is
simply supporting documentation. I suggest each you do
some research on the “Rules of Evidence” within your region; too many people
have some misconceptions between clues and evidences
protocols. If your SAR team is requested by an AHJ or RA, then it is likely
you are considered a non-paid employed for that agency
and are bound by a confidentiality agree. All SAR responders must keep in
mind that if a search becomes a criminal matter, then
someone could be charged with interfering with an official investigation,
should they intentionally withhold evidence. In the event
you refuse to turn over supporting evidence (or provide information to the
media) for a search you were deployed to, then you’ve
very likely just worked your last search.

Providing track and map data within after action reports is becoming more of
a standard practice amongst SAR teams.

T’mi
www.trotsar.org