msar-riders - [MSAR] Public posting of information

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Public posting of information
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:40:24 -0600 (CST)

We've just been having this discussion in our county as well- what can and cannot be posted onto public and social media sites.  I think that for some it is such a normal part of their lives that they forget the far-reaching capabilities of the internet. Our job is not to make things harder but to help. Besides thinking about the families of those involved we should also be thinking of the litigious nature of our current society. Do you really want to open your unit, and  your local law enforcement, up to lawsuits?

As with most things the solution is to THINK before acting. :-)
Chris