msar-riders - [MSAR] Looking For Some Help

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pat Tabor <pat.tabor@swanmountainoutfitters.com>
  • To: 'Mounted search and rescue' <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Looking For Some Help
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:07:09 -0600

Hello:
My name is Patrick Tabor, and I am a member of the Swan Mission Search & Rescue (SMSR) team located in Northwest Montana as a volunteer division of the Lake County Sheriff's Office. We have trained extensively in search and rescue aided by watercraft, snowmobile and ATV, and now want to add horseback to our repertoire. I have been assigned to start planning our training and was wondering if I can lean on your expertise. I'm actually an outfitter and have extensive horseback skills and access to large numbers of horses, mules and personnel to assist. Our goal at SMSR is to train our volunteers on how to utilize equine to safely transport personnel and equipment to/from scene and aid in victim assessment, search for lost folks in the woods, and provide on-the-ground extraction transport coordination and site security. We would appreciate access to any training materials and procedures and/or protocols that any of you have developed that we can modify for our purposes. Please email me at pat.tabor@swanmountainoutfitters.com
Best Regards
Pat Tabor