msar-riders - [MSAR] TICKS and vermine

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] TICKS and vermine
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 17:22:10 -0700 (PDT)

We seem to be suffering a "plaque" of sorts in ticks this season.  Seems for the last  two weeks or better there has not been a day where I have not had to pick one or two ticks a day off my person.. So far the fleas have been laying low, while ants have been looking for higher ground.  Due to the amount of rain, the ponding of water and flooding in many areas, the tall grass and now the high heat and humidity, it is perfect weather for them...

It is also perfect snake weather.  We have spotted some rather large snakes in our area including in the barn and woodland and it is egg laying time for most snake specie here.

Mosquitos and flies are also going to be bad especailly in areas that are full of manure and loaded with wet filth.

Where there is filth, and manure there are also mice and rats
        KarenNesbitt - VMSAR - Iroquis County - Illinois

The information contained in this transmission is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure.    If you are not the       intended recipient, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication.If you have received this         transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and then delete it. Thank you for your                 compliance.   Please also do not forward without my permission. Thank  you.                                         1/1/11>

  • [MSAR] TICKS and vermine, Karen Nesbitt, 05/31/2011