msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR Tracking / MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 97, Issue 8

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR Tracking / MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 97, Issue 8
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 00:52:22 -0700

Title: Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 97, Issue 8

Thanks for sharing, Laurie. Always nice to hear yet another success story!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jorene Downs

SAR, CERT, Emergency Communications

Mounted SAR

http://www.ceoates.com/msar

KJ6JCD

From: Laurie Adams

       This is a very timely subject. This last month we had a call out for
a missing 23 yr old. The initial time of the call out was 9:30 pm. The
mounted SAR team was called out as was the tracking team. [...]

I have had 12 years experience with SAR and 6 years as Mounted SAR.
My partner was a new recruit. With a little instruction he was able from
horse back to follow and determine the subjects sign. The trackers were a
little timid but had to admit that we had been able to track him much more
effectively and efficiently than they were. Mounted Man tracking is
definitely a SAR applicable resource! If there are any skeptics send them to
us!
Laurie Adams SAR Mounted SAR Jefferson and Deschutes County.