msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Training date.. 11-6-10

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Training date.. 11-6-10
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:32:12 -0700 (PDT)

 Regarding your message below as per MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>;
Message: 1
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 00:28:19 EDT
From: RVASSER@aol.com
To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org, msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [MSAR] MSAR In Cook County IL. Horse & Rider Training and New
    Members Wanted

Melrose  Park Office of Public Safety-Homeland Security           Mounted
Search & Rescue in Cook  County

New  Members Wanted

Training  date for the beginning
Horse  & Rider Instruction Series For Service on
The  Mounted Operations Division Search & Rescue Team is

Saturday,  November 6, 2010  10am to 5pm
(Rain  or Shine we train)
The  Village of Melrose Park's Office of Public Safety-Homeland Security
has  developed a Mounted Operations Division (M.O.D.) The Mounted  Operations
Division is comprised of a group of dedicated volunteers, whose  primary
mission is  Search & Rescue operations and will serve Melrose Park, Cook County
and the  state of Illinois  The mounted  operations unit will serve in
conjunction with the Emergency Services division  of the Village of Melrose Park
Office of Public Safety-Homeland  Security.
The Emergency Services division, which  conducts search & rescue (SAR)
operations as well as train first responders  in SAR operations. This division's
volunteers support all of the Village of  Melrose Park?s Office of Public
Safety
divisions. They also respond to a wide  variety of emergencies and
disasters by assisting and working in tandem  with other local, county and
state agencies.
The  Mounted team is being trained for primary service in the Cook County
area
,  and may also be deployed anywhere in the state upon request of the
Illinois  Emergency Management Agency. The head of the Office of Public
Safety-Homeland  Security is Chief Philip C. Schwartz. The Mounted Operations
Division Commander  is Captain Ronald T. Vasser .You can visit the web site at
_www.mppshs.org_ (http://www.mppshs.org/
Course  Date
Saturday,  November  6, 2010    10am to 5pm
Course  Objective
Field  work -  Sensory (bomb proofing)  training and Obstacle course

The  course is being provided at no cost

Location:

Six  Guns Ranch & Arena 26926 South State Line Road, Crete IL  60417.

You  must bring your own horse
Registration is required prior to the  course
ENROLLMENT:  To enroll, register and receive more information contact Capt.
Ron Vasser, as  soon as possible by e-mail at _rvasser@aol.com_
(mailto:rvasser@aol.com)   If you are interested in joining and  training with our
Mounted team you must include your contact information, riding  experience and a
brief biography. If you know of any other riders that may  be interested in
joining our team please put them in contact with us also.
What  to bring:
1----Coggins  test
2----Helmet  (Recommended but optional)
3----Clothing,  the outdoor portions are conducted rain or shine. Please
wear clothing  appropriate for the weather conditions. Good boots for riding
and walking.  Tennis shoes will NOT be allowed by the Safety Officer
4---Lunch  and drinks
This  Training Course is being offered only to personnel who are interested
in joining  the Melrose Park Mounted Search & Rescue  Team.
Our mission  is to assemble a diverse group of professionals who will bring
dedication, skill  and personality to the Mounted team. We welcome your
interest and  support.
Captain  Ronald T. Vasser
Mounted Operations Division
"WE  RIDE WITH PRIDE"