msar-riders - [MSAR] Irv- Your thinking needs rescuing

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Irv- Your thinking needs rescuing
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:24:08 -0500 (CDT)

Irv- I hope to heck you have some facts to back up your ludicrous statements below. I am going to guess you have NEVER been involved in an equine rescue up close and personal. You could not be MORE wrong or further from the truth of the situation for the vast majority of rescues. For example our rescue makes NO profit, none of the volunteers are paid- including myself, all of us put in HOURS and HOURS for the good of horses that have fallen on hard times often through no fault of their own. We have NO real estate to pay for. We place horses in the best home for each one and ability to contribute to the cause is not a main factor in our decisions. I know of no rescues in my network that fit your negative assertions. So please take your archaic and undereducated viewpoint somewhere else to malign the good work many MANY rescues and overworked rescuers do because others would rather pontificate than help.

Chris

"If you can make a commitment for 20 years to care for and support a horse, buy one, don’t go to a rescue and adopt one, buy it outright, accept the responsibility of ownership.  Horse rescues and dog rescues should be outlawed as charities.  They are nothing more than rental agencies for animals.  They have to make a profit on each transaction to sustain their administrators, real estate, and paid care staff. There are plenty of “used horse dealers” out there without dealing with a “rescue”.

Irv Lichtenstein

  • [MSAR] Irv- Your thinking needs rescuing, pennbo, 08/18/2010