msar-riders - [MSAR] Pyrotechnics and personal update.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Pyrotechnics and personal update.
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:28:35 -0700 (PDT)

Old Business...

AFTER THE PARTY IS OVER....

A website from the:

American Pyrotechnics Association
P.O. Box 30438 * Bethesda, MD 20824
Phone: (301) 907-8181 * Fax (301) 907-9148

http://www.americanpyro.com/State%20Laws%20(main)/statelaws.html

After the fact, some here engage in violations and enforcement..
a Fifty state reveiw of law on Fireworks...

Happy After the Fourth!

NEW BUSINESS - UPDATING MY STATUS HERE at MSAR-riders:

I want to take a moment to update and inform the list of my positioning in this group and some of my veiws and tell you more about myself.    Perhaps some of the rest of the group would do the same so it introduces self to new people and keeps current the old?  Lets get some acquantaince here going.  Give your stand on your reason for being here so others can know.  Tell us how you came to be here.  What your aim is.  Give us a go of what you are like from your point of veiw.

While I am just a volunteer here who is willing to put myself out to help another life I am not a willing participant when it comes to having such things as illegal
weapons, be they what they may, from a dog,  to a gun etc to handheld fireworks, firecrackers, torpedoes, skyrockets, roman candles, buzz bombs etc aimed or fired or sicked at me either directly or in mischeif or by accident.

I am also not willing to let someone elses property or person be a victim of same when in the same vicinity of such activitiy if I see it is possible.. What I am willing in is to actively try to help someone when I can and if I am able.  I am willing to bond on to a search group when possible when and if able or give personal opinion.  I am willing to assume a certain amount of risk if my skills and positioning allow and will willingly assume said risk if informed properly of situations I will be put in when called upon.  I will willingly and sanely decline duties I am not skilled for so as not to put others in jeoprody and would call in or ask for someone else who is more skilled if necessary.  If my person is beleived in jeoprody, I will use whatever means available to me to survive not limited to but including  asking those to help me when they profess to serve and protect or be of good help.

While my activities, experiences and advise to this list have been and remain voluntary, I am a citizen that actively and willingly puts herself out to try to help others.  As a law abiding citizen I feel it is my duty to report a crime.  I feel it is my duty as a human being to help anyone injured and in need.

If I make an error in judgement on my part in trying to be within the law or in trying to follow rule, I am also willing to be corrected when wrong because I am actively concerned in being a law abiding citizen and in trying to do things correctly,  so to have a safer neighborhood and if it can be proved that I made an error then willingly I stand in the order of correction and to increase my knowledge.  I have never been arrested and would be willing to be drug or alcohol tested at any time. I do not willingly use or abuse alcohol or illegal drugs nor do I smoke.  I prefer to avoid contact with persons that do.

There are those here on this list that can easily request of me to be drug tested if that is their call if they are so inclined to use me and here I am and there are those here that could look up records of my previous bondings for such if that was a concern to them. I have possessed in the past professional jobs where I have been legally bonded so a record search there is not hard.

If I have failed this list in any respect, please correct me if I am wrong.  I am opinionated and speak my mind.  So,  at least tell me why you might disagree with my opinions as we all continue to try to help each other to live and learn and be neighbors in a common bond whether you live near me or in a neighboring state or a distance further..You do not have live in my locale to be considered a neighbor.

I likewise feel that if you here on this list and are a professional in LE, MSAR, SAR or such related activities or professions that if you wear the uniform or volunteer, you have a duty as well.   If you do the talk here, I beleive these professions or proclamations of helping others also apply to you and if need be I have the resources available to me to make sure of if you are bonded or not if that is  what I perceive I need to do in my call.

I am willing to consistantly continue to learn and share previous experiences.

I operate soley out of own pocket.  My expenses in doing so are not asked to be re-inbursed or wrote off, I seek no reward, or profit.  I am not a paid writer here and I am not employed or deployed to be paid here or to do what I see as a civic duty,  I assume my risk and take responsibility for my own actions and mistakes.

I have been a member of this list

 for  a few years now.  As a moderator here, Una Smith could probably atest to exactly how long and tell you how I came here.  My first nounted search was well over a decade ago.

As a horseman I have been a horseowner for 34 years but my equine experiences are far longer. I have been a breeder, dome the parades and demos, been a showman, a trainer,  gone endurance, done the gaming and the ranchwork from a saddle, and raised a few cows and farmed, I have marketed horses across the country and exported to Canada.  While I have dealt with many other breeds, my equine of choice is a Paso Fino or spanish gaited breeds to which due to a physycal disability  I am indebted to and deeply passionate and predjudice of. Cruelty is not an option in our barn.  I beleive in natural horsemanship and a willing trustful mount.   Our barn has been rated by the Hooved Animal Humane Society as excellent. We beleive much in natural care. My oldest MSAR horse is now over 30 years of age, rideable but retired and doing very well.  My young ones need a lot of training yet.  I am married for over 20 years.  I tend to 11 equines, one dog, a handful of chickens and manage the ranch 24/7.  I am a caregiver of a special patient and I am in my over the hill years where age can have its finer and not so fine points.    I enjoy gardening and am some what of an environmentalist naturist, horticulturally crazed and have traveled in 42 states and half of Canada so my neighbors are from all around!

Respecfully,
        Karen Nesbitt - VMSAR - Iroquois County - Illinois

The information contained in this transmission is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and then delete it. Thank you for your compliance.   Please also do not forward without my permission, Thank you.

  • [MSAR] Pyrotechnics and personal update., Karen Nesbitt, 07/07/2010