msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Insurance

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: boddyrs@comcast.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Insurance
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:34:19 +0000 (UTC)

We are another organization looking to get insurance coverage for the mounted SAR team in NJ.

The quotes we have gotten were over $1500 for the year.  We got quotes from VFIS and Ark; VFIS being the more expensive.

The liablility was reasonable around $500-700 for the year; the medical added over $1000 to the cost.  Since we are not covered under any organizations workmen's comp; the insurance company is requiring the medical coverage.

This puts us in fund raising mode year round; how are others covering this cost?

We are a small group (12 members); that is just starting and still have to fund equipment and other operations costs.