msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] BackPack Question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: QUINCYDEW@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] BackPack Question
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 22:45:20 EST

I have to agree with Barry here. 1 flashlight is not enough, but 2 is plenty. And glow sticks are handy to hang on your horses if you are out after dark. You can keep track of your buddies this way. Duct tape is a necessity to me, I don't plan on having to fix my equiptment but there are sooooo many more uses for duct tape, think McGyver. I carry the tent pegs, they weigh next to nothing for 4 aluminum pegs and I use them in my fav shelter plan. I don't bother with a shovel.

Ann Taylor
CCMSAR