msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] 2010 New Mexico SAR conference April 30 - May 2

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Hill, Victoria L." <Victoria.L.Hill@saint-gobain.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] 2010 New Mexico SAR conference April 30 - May 2
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:06:16 -0500

Una,

You might find this interesting....in addition to the Man tracking
Academy they will be hosting a K-( Spring Academy. See attached PDF
file.

Thanks you and have a great day!

Victoria Hill

Our First Annual Man Tracking Academy will be held at Camp Na Wa Kwa in
Poland, Indiana from 8 am Tuesday May 11th 2010 through 4 pm Thursday
May 14th. This is a Tracking Course where we teach scouting, navigation,
and the art of following a person by the evidence left behind in the
environment. The course also covers Crime Scene or Incident Scene
Preservation. This course is done without the use of K-9. We will have
day and night exercises, classroom and real life scenarios. The cost is
$ 270.00 for members, or $ 300.00 for non members and includes
membership.
This class is a must for Law Enforcement, Fire Rescue Squads, K-9 Back
Ups, or Ground Search Team Members. The fee includes all lodging, all
meals, all academy material, and certification in Basic and Advanced Man
Tracking (so long as the standards are met). Also during We will have
after hours training in other SAR and K-9 related areas. We will have
camp fire discussions each night. We will also have an Academy
Photographer who will freelance and capture events of the Spring 2010
Academy. Register Early as this Academy will fill up quickly.

The venues will be Man Tracking (without dog), setting up and
coordinating a air evacuation, K-9 First Aid and Team Building..

For more info check out our website www.americanmantrailing.com