msar-riders - [MSAR] Wyoming

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: wma.sar@hotmail.com
  • Subject: [MSAR] Wyoming
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 18:57:11 -0700

MSAR-Riders,

Here is a January 2010 news story about Wyoming Mounted Association
Search & Rescue:

http://www.kcwy13.com/story.php?id=6587

Synopsis: The MSAR team has been in operation since 1986. Based in
Cheyenne, they have been called out in Albany, Laramie, and Goshen
Counties and will respond farther away than that. Members named in
the story are Jim Talkington, Jack Selby, and Jim Bancise.

Over the years I have seen mention of this group but found no contact
information. Searching the web again today, I found the following:

Wyoming Mounted Association
P.O. Box 1322
Cheyenne, WY 82003-1322

wma.sar@hotmail.com

(307) 421-4127 Jim Talkington
(307) 635-9437 Jack Selby

This is the first MSAR group I have located in Wyoming. I know there
are numerous SAR responders who will respond on horseback but I know
of no other organized groups. (Leads would be appreciated; send 'em
to me!)