msar-riders - [MSAR] Threads on MSAR-Riders

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Threads on MSAR-Riders
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:51:30 -0700

In another thread Lila Corey wrote, apparently to Irv Lichtenstein:
>How many years have you been MSAR?

Irv was publishing articles about MSAR back in the early 1990s. My
own first involvement in SAR was in 1983; I have been involved in
MSAR only since 2001. I founded MSAR-Riders in 2002 because I had
a pretty good idea how little I knew ... in fact, how little anyone
knew. I have learned so much from MSAR-Riders! Once MSAR-Riders was
in place, I searched the web for people involved in MSAR, to invite
them to join us. I found Irv immediately but was unable to find a
valid e-mail for him so could not invite him. Sadly, few of the many
people I invited ever joined us, but Irv soon found us on his own
and he has been a valued contributor ever since then. So have many
hundreds of others, and I value everyone who has taken the time to
share their experiences and wisdom with us.

Irv was just saying to start a new topic of discussion it would be
helpful to start a new thread. I realize that some e-mail clients
make it difficult for the user to see and manage headers. Looking
at the headers of Irv's post, I see his remark about threads was in
reply to a post by E.S. in Arizona, not a post by Lila in Georgia.