msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Getting old

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: emboote@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Getting old
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:21:34 -0500

I understand your situation, Una. My gelding had to retire due to hock issues. I have an energetic 6 yr. old QH now that has a lot of SAR talent, but it's not the same old comfy fit as my rock steady partner for years and years. I will say that my gelding tought me a lot that I hope to pass on to the next horse and he's now happily retired and in my front yard...or close to the kitchen window when it's time for dinner. He deserves his retirement and I just enjoy his company.

Emily