msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Requirements for horse rider team

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Requirements for horse rider team
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:05:38 -0700

My unit requires forehand and hind quarter turns for several reasons. First it is part of the individual demonstrating personal horsemanship. The horse demonstrates to perform the maneuver and every now and then we ride into a place where those techniques are necessary to safely get back out. It is only a big deal when you need to do it and can’t.

Regards

Paul Fleming

PMSAR