msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Best Cell phone....

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Best Cell phone....
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:50:59 -0400

Lithium batteries have a tendency to burn up if there is any contamination in the cell. Since they contain oxidizers they cannot be put out by conventional extinguishment

techniques. NiCd will rarely short out but if they do the entire charge will be dumped and the unit usually melts.

Irv Lichtenstein