msar-riders - [MSAR] Pants

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Laurie Hanahan" <lhanahan@mindspring.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Pants
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:32:43 -0400

I wear a very good quality (in this case the cost is worth the quality of the clothes) summer weight or winter weight riding breeches during search callouts.  If we are not riding fire roads and I anticipate rough vegetation, I’ll wear my full chaps.  I always carry my rain paints, which are made by Kerrits, ripstop and waterproof, plus they go on just like chaps – adjustable elastic/Velcro waist (comfort!) and full side zippers with storm flaps.  With a really good horse, you don’t even have to get out of the saddle to put them on!

Laurie

TROTSAR

  • [MSAR] Pants, Laurie Hanahan, 06/07/2009