msar-riders - [MSAR] Virginia State approved MSAR standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Shirley Roberts <shul02@hotmail.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, <shul02@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Virginia State approved MSAR standards
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:32:25 -0500

Hello All,
I recently received an email from Jorene Downs in California a copy of the state of Virginia approved Standards for Equine Search members (MSAR).  It is 11 pages long and includes an Equine Performance Evaluation Checklist (see attachment).  Jorene is a member of the National Association of Search and Rescue (NASAR) committee who is commited to creating national standards for MSAR.  She says they are considering utilizing the Virginia Standards for Equine Search (MSAR) members.  I am interested in finding out who represents the State of Texas that would  consider reviewing these same Virginia standards for MSAR for use in Texas.  Does anyone know who that person, committee, or Dept. is representing the State of Texas standards for Search and Rescue?  I would like to send the Va. standards to them to review.
Thanks,
Shirley Roberts
Austin, Tx

  • [MSAR] Virginia State approved MSAR standards, Shirley Roberts, 04/28/2009