msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Overview of the MSAR training course in Cook County heldonOct.18, 2008

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lila Corey" <Caballera@embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Overview of the MSAR training course in Cook County heldonOct.18, 2008
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:41:43 -0400

I emailed the Brunswick SAR and got no response from them. I thought the Caswell Co. group had been dis-banned. Maybe that was a rumor. I will try again with Brunswick. Are they able to teach us and help get us certified? I am fairly new to this however, I have been a horseback rider, teacher, for over 20 years. It seems to really hard to get info to get started- I will be taking the FUNSAR course in 2 weeks as well as some of my team. We are in the infancy stages of this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I also took the Land Search Management Course last year. I want our group to have as much training as necessary to not only be useful but be "good" at what we do. Many of these searches in our area are becoming homicides, so crime preservation is a must.
Thanks,
Lila Corey
----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>