msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Revising By-Laws

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Revising By-Laws
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:32:45 -0600

Ty Holmquist wrote:
>We are a young unit (3 yrs) and are in the process of updating, correcting
>our By-Laws. Does anyone have suggested By-Law wording or is there a
>Unit's website that may have their By-Laws posted?

Hello Ty. Some units do have their by-laws on the website, but could
you be more specific about what you are looking for. Eg, does your
unit plan to become (or is it already) a 501(c)(3) or a 501(c)(4)?
The difference between the two will be reflected in the by-laws. Or
does the unit plan to be a nonprofit corp (ie, filed with your state)
but never mind standing with the IRS? This is very common with SAR
groups that report to a public safety agency.

If you can tell us more about your unit, we can help you find other
units that are most similar and would have the most relevant by-laws.