msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] hello! new member from east TN

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deb Cranford <estrail1rider@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] hello! new member from east TN
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 12:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a MSAR team in your area??? You have to be affiliated with one. That also means you will have to take several online courses, pass IS-300, take your Field Team Member test and your horse must also pass a test. Before you can take the last few tests, you must be affiliated with an existing team. I have started but I had to have shoulder surgery and we are moving next year. I have met other FTL's in this state and MD...I am in western VA. My shoulder has now healed and I am starting to wotk with my horse again to see what she still might need to learn. There are a couple of books that are of great help.
Of course, if you are already a member then all that I have said is behind you. If I can help I will!
Debbie

estrail1rider@yahoo.com