msar-riders - [MSAR] Code Amber Displacement

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Code Amber Displacement
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

The following is a partial forwarding of a message I received from Code Amber-->>

*** Code Amber Displaced by Hurricane Gustav - We Need Your Help
***

Hello,

On Sunday, August 31, we were forced to evacuate our Louisiana offices
and move operations to a hotel on the panhandle of Florida. Some of you
may remember our evacuation from Hurricane Katrina three years ago at
which time we were in Florida for over two weeks. We probably will be
able to return sooner this time as the damage is not as severe. However,
our office in Louisiana has lost power, telephone and high speed
Internet access indefinitely which, of course, we need to operate Code Amber.

As a result of our displacement, we are experiencing extraordinary
Code Amber operating expenses.<BR><BR>If you are able, please help
Code Amber through this time of crisis by making a small donation.
Any amount you are able to contribute will help us continue to operate
while we are displaced.
Remainer portion of message scrubbed.

K. Nesbitt
VMSAR
Iroqouis County - Illinois
------

A wise driver once said, "Treat EVERY intersection as a death trap. Proceed with caution extreme."

  • [MSAR] Code Amber Displacement, Karen Nesbitt, 09/03/2008