msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mantracking Advanced Class ( 8 TCLEOSE Hours )

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Wwaynebare@aol.com
  • To: jchuston@earthlink.net
  • Cc: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mantracking Advanced Class ( 8 TCLEOSE Hours )
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:56:20 EDT

No limit  .....Bring your own tent, it's a large remote area.  We put these programs on each year to help police officers get the required hours.  We don't charge anything for our part, it's our way of giving back and supporting law enforcement.  The $10 fee goes to the police academy for their paper work and certificates.  A person does not have to be a peace officer to attend, most people will be law officers there but there will be some who just work search and rescue, this is a good program for them too. There will be a donation taken up for the hog roast on Saturday.  The money is to go to the Tatum Police Department.  I spoke to Chief Martin today, there are no motels in this remote area of East Texas.  So all you mountain boys and girls come on down for a good track :)  ....

W. Wayne Bare
Rusk County Sheriff's Dept.
Mounted Unit