msar-riders - [MSAR] Getting to the meat of the matter

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Getting to the meat of the matter
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:34:59 -0800 (PST)

Now I am going to play the "dunce"...but it seems to me, to get to the meat of the matter regarding the transportation of horses to slaughter is to NIP THE AUCTION BARN in the patoot.  The owners of the sales barns giva horses patoot on where the horses go, most give a damn about if the horses have paperwork be it vetrinary or otherwise and all they care about is their commissions.  They could care less if they go to slaughter, because once they leave their barns, they TOOK in their dues.  With the number of horses or animals that go through a sales barn, they can easily ignor the facts presented on any manifests and infact don't even LOOK at the papers becasue it is too time consuming for them to do so in any large sale with horses and other animals arriving moments before any sale becaue they just want to get them through the ring and done with it.

Seems as usual the government is full of snafu's simply because there are more horses patoots in the government than horses.  They simply have no clue as to what the business is about other than money..

Sadly, too, that the humane treatment of animals in this country is not as enforced as one would like it to be and there are not enough places or people to do the job, which by the way begins always with the owners.  So if you have a bad owner he gets away with it.

There was a time when horses were consumed in this country, most of you young whippersnappers may be to young to recall when and why and perhaps not taught everything in todays schools.

The NAIS program is as worthless as female mammaries on a boar.  And the government woudl rather wasste more money on taking SURVEYS than actually getting off their fannies and doing much of what could be considered right.

As far as I am concerned  we have lost more freedoms in this country due to stupidity than any other cause we know.  The biggest problem I see is that the American public has allowed for the government to do TOO much of their thinking.  So when we do that, if there is away, the government will find a way to regulate anything.  Perhaps we need to all take back the commissions of our own brains.

Karen Nesbitt

  • [MSAR] Getting to the meat of the matter, Karen Nesbitt, 12/17/2007