msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mare stolen in San Diego

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mare stolen in San Diego
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:21:46 -0500

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to learn of the Mare's death.

If you could pass on any details or put me in touch (off list) with anyone that will be documenting or photographing the the remains it would be appreciated. I have been doing some volunteer investigative work with members of the Eastern Cougar Foundation documenting actual and alleged cougar attacks on livestock.
Thank you,

T'mi
Maryland
301-412-5249

Pennbo's wrote:

Owner reported back today that the body of this mare was found- apparently killed/mostly eaten by a mountain lion or something. So sad. I have a hard time figuring out how a cougar could pull down a full grown Friesian WITH a baby but maybe she was ill before the lion got to her. Anyway- thanks to all who passed this on.

Chris