msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Slang

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Slang
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:19:43 -0500

It must be a slang term commonly used by those living near NYC. I was a (paid/full time) law enforcement officer in Washington DC (east Coast) for over 25 years and (since retirement) for the past 5 years have been serving as a part time volunteer auxiliary officer. In those 30 years of public service I have never heard that derogatory term used until it was recently posted on MSAR-Riders.

Personally, I think it is in very poor taste to use derogatory slang terms to describe the duties of any (paid or volunteer) public servant. Especially since we are all first responder resources, which include numerous readers of this forum being members of a mounted posse sponsored by law enforcement agencies.

T'mi
Maryland

David Skofstad wrote:

I'm from Illinois, near Chicago, and it is a new one on me.
......Dave