msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Thanks for encouraging response on trailer loading

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Joseph Huston" <jchuston@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Thanks for encouraging response on trailer loading
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:09:45 -0500

My SAR horse, Stormy,  had a fear of trailers (bought her when she was 14 years old)  and it was the second professional trainer that helped her over come those fears. It now takes her about 30 seconds to load. Her ability to load quickly and with out much "action" from me became very important after I had an accident while on a search and bruised my ribs. Stormy loaded quickly that night and from now on, I try to make sure every horse I trailer has the ability to load quickly, with or without her primary handler.

Joe Huston