msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] IL truck wreck>>>Euthanasia...etal...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] IL truck wreck>>>Euthanasia...etal...
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:40:47 -0700

Each state has variables, but irregardless, regarding euthananasia....some things cannot and will never be changed. Simply put a eutnanized horse is a biohazard.

Karen- ANY horse buried is a biohazard, drugs for euthanasia or not. My mare is buried on my property- and she was euthanized when her quality of life declined to such that it was the last gift I could give her. She is buried high on the property and far above water table, not in direct flow to the well. Burying ANY animal on your property is illegal in most of CA- I didn't, and don't, care. I took the reasonable precautions and did what was best for my darling girl and her family.

Chris Pennington