msar-riders - [MSAR] Off topic-burying your buddy

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: James Gaar <blindrodie@hotmail.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Off topic-burying your buddy
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:05:28 -0500

I for one (am) currently facing the (loss) of my favorite equine of some 26 years...as my faithful companion, I beleive she deserves a decent burial...

Look for a sympathetic land owner (family/friend) that will bury your companion for you. Use good sense and don't do it where there may be issues with water pollution or scavengers.
Knowing one that has large enough equipment to do the job safely is a BIG hurdle. Best of luck to you. For me personally it would be worth the risk of a fine from the city.

Jim

PS I am not advocating the above method for the disposal of your horses. However here in the midwest large numbers of cattle are routinely dumped in ravines and "out back" for the scavengers. Properly burying my lifelong companion in a hole is "an acceptable risk" to me.