msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Radios available-low band

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Danetta Adams" <dladams@ktis.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Radios available-low band
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 07:15:23 -0500

Hey Irv,

I just read the latest issue of John Lyon's Perfect Horse, the article entitled "Search & Rescue, Use your horse to find someone who's lost".  Congrats on being highlighted in there - and we get to see what you look like!

For those of you who do not get this mag, it's pretty handy to have.  I've found lots of trail, trailering and of course horse handling information that I couldn't survive without.  This article in interesting in that it discusses the need for a close partnership between horse and rider in this venue, and discusses the need to not train out the curious and wary nature of your horse.

My name is Danetta, and I live in Central MO near Columbia.  I just found out this past week that there is just now a MSAR unit starting in/around Columbia, with 4 riders.  I'm trying to make contact with the unit to join.  Please contact me if you have information.

Thanks,
Danetta