msar-riders - [MSAR] Administrivia: Julie has Tagged you! :)

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Administrivia: Julie has Tagged you! :)
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:06:46 -0400

Good morning MSAR-Riders,

Yes, the "Tagged" e-mail is spam, and it went out to all MSAR-Riders
subscribers because its sender address was subscribed and because
MSAR-Riders is configured so that by default all subscribers can
post without action by a listadmin and because now it also is set to
not hold up posts that contain HTML parts (too many of you now are
using HTML to format your e-mails). But, as she has explained, the
subscriber did not send it; that is a common feature of list spam.

The spam went out way back in June; you are seeing it again because
it was included in a reply.

I think this is our very first example of list spam since we began,
back in 2002. That is a pretty good record, considering the fairly
high volume of traffic here.

Una