msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Injury research

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "John Neff" <neffj@msn.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Injury research
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 07:50:13 -0700

It's Harbor View in Seattle.  Harbor View is THE trauma center for Western Washington and many of the most serious cases from the entire North West are transferred there.
Wouldn't it be interesting if there were research done on all horse related accidents and how many were not seen in an emergency room due to protective gear?  I know that personally I have had three accidents where my helmet was compromised and had to be replaced and I did not go to the ER.  On a similar note does anyone know for how long the lining in a helmet is certified?  I last replaced mine about 10 years ago when I hit a tree limb.
Faye