msar-riders - [MSAR] Knives/Tools w/ Hoof pick

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Michael R. Schuppenhauer" <michaelrs@smcmsar.org>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Knives/Tools w/ Hoof pick
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:38:14 -0700

I used to own a Buck Knife w/ Hoof pick (Horseman 180HM) retail
at around $65. It obviously found other lovers and it is hard to
stab the new lover without it... just kidding.

Now, I did check for multi tool or knife/hoof pick combos but
Gerber has discontinued its, as did Buck. I am not sure if
Victorinox still makes theirs (I do have a couple of those). I
did like the Horseman from Buck best though. I checked with Buck
and they are considering to do a special series of the Horseman
as it appears to be one of the few that combine the too essential
tools for serious horseman (women) and as it has been requested
often. If you are interested in such a series and would want to
buy one or tow or more please call Ena at Buck Knives at (800)
326-2825 x270. The more the merrier!

Michael RS

  • [MSAR] Knives/Tools w/ Hoof pick, Michael R. Schuppenhauer, 05/17/2007