msar-riders - [MSAR] Tax Situation for MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Michael R. Schuppenhauer" <michaelrs@yahoo.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Tax Situation for MSAR
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 16:35:13 -0700

As the tax day came and went. I am still trying to figure out the
basic principle (line item ???) under which I write off all the
collected receipts, expenses (& mileage) that I accumulated while
volunteering for the Sheriff's Office Emergency Services, which
is not in itself a 501 c 3, i.e. not (yet) incorporated as such.

Any thoughts ? I would appreciate if someone could point me to
further and better reading beyond the thorough explanations by
Irv in the previous threat.

Michael RS
San Mateo County MSAR