msar-riders - [MSAR] Training events

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-Riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Training events
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:07:27 -0400

I will be updating the MSAR training events page soon; please send me
any information for 2007 you would like me to include.

Meanwhile, here is an upcoming mounted patrol (note patrol!) training
in Texas. I am posting the entire blurb here because it can accomodate
so many people! And if enough MSAR people sign up, you may get man
tracking added to the program. If you get really organized, maybe you
can even convince the organizers to run a mounted detection experiment.
That would be very cool.

Captain Nancy Robichaux wrote:
>Please note special accommodations for SAR teams along with Posses and Law
>Enforcement.
>Man tracking will be added if we are requested to bring in our Border Patrol
>teaching team to teach it. Please share with your teams if you think
>appropriate!
>Lt. Cowley says he will eat his hat (or buy the winning team and their
>Sheriff /or Chief a steak ) if they can beat his team!!
>
> State training/competition for mounted Officer units, and Sheriff Posses.
> Dates: May 19th - 23rd
> Hours:40 TCLEOSE hours.
> Accommodations: Barracks furnished for first sixty females and males that
>sign up.
> Lunch and Breakfast included in fees and stall and classroom notebooks
>included.
> Five days eight hour days on 400 beautiful acres of training grounds .
>
> Hotel: with full RV hookups six mile away.
>
> Cost:199.00 for members and 235.00 for non members can be paid on web page
>by credit card after March 27th 07 or by check by mailing into office.
>
> Location:Dead Center state.McGregor Texas 12 miles south of Waco, fair to
>everyone.
>
> Instructors: Top Instructors!
> Trainers
>
> SGT. Kennedy
>
> 1.. Has served 31 years in law enforcement.
> 2.. Twenty-four years of this service was with Houston Police Dept.
> 3.. Seven years of that time was with Houston Mounted Police Dept. when
>it was in its infancy.
> 4.. While with Houston PD. Sgt. Kennedy worked in Mounted Patrol,
> 5.. plus special operations.
> 6.. He was also an instructor for defensive tactics,
> 7.. riot control,
> 8.. tactics,
> 9.. first aid/CPR and physical fitness.
> 10.. He is a master Peace Officer with over 4000 TCLEOSE hrs.
> 11.. he has over 10,000 hrs of instructor's time as of January 2003.
> 12.. He has completed Paul Howes advanced hostage rescue school.
> Bonnie Wnenkowski,
>
> 1.. Professional trainer 20 years.
> 2.. Alternate for '68 US Olympics Team.
> 3.. Has shown Dressage,
> 4.. Eventing,
> 5.. Pleasure
> 6.. Reining.
> 7.. Sport-Horse Breeder.
> 8.. Currently the Equine Facility Manager for Methodist Boys Ranch
>working with at-risk teens.
> 9.. All around trainers trainer with many hours of arena training under
>top Dressage trainers from in the states and Europe!
> 10.. Instructor for many years to Children programs all across the state
> 11.. Bonnie is also a degreed Engineer.
> 12.. Bonnie brings over forty years riding experience to the students.
>
> Captain Nancy Robichaux,
> 1.. The Founding Director of TUMPOT,
> 2.. Deputy Sheriff,
> 3.. TCLEOSE Instructor,
> 4.. Mounted Officer for eleven years working crowds of one hundred
>thousand plus,
> [...]

  • [MSAR] Training events, MSAR, 03/23/2007