msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Orange shirts?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Andrew Hennell <andrew@hennell.com.au>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Orange shirts?
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 06:09:39 +1100

Pennbo's wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look into them.
>
> Tomi- do you have a picture of your vest? I'm thinking maybe my own unit
> might be interested in something along those lines. Our weather is soooo
> changeable that unless you have mulitple layers of orange clothing you
> will not always be wearing orange on top! A vest would be able to go
> over jackets, sweatshirts, etc.

exactly why I'm a fan of the vest/tabbard style. Allows members to
add/remove clothing as they require but still present as an identifiable
member. They can fit over anything from a t-shirt through to a
cold-weather jacket, or our ubiquitous Driza-bone oilskin coats for
riding. Our vests have reflective striping for night use also.

Having said that, we're now looking at 'day-glo' orange/blue (top half
orange, bottom half blue) shirts which will be cooler for searches in
hot weather and for base-camp staff.