msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Merry Christmas and Happy Trails

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Merry Christmas and Happy Trails
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:12:56 -0800 (PST)

Happy holidays and New Year to you as well! I am pleased to see the info on
your link and will be trying to obtain the book at some point. Unwittingly,
I have 2 horses that naturally do this well and did not realize the games I
play when they "locate" treats are helpful. I learned my 18 year old horse
saw and identified an illegal poacher last summer. When I approached the man
to let him know he was on private property, my horse would not stand still
and I sensed he was the guy. We hurried on home with at least a physical
description for the sherriff.

My other horse given to me to do search work, became very anxious last week
seeing our neighbor's BBQ grill and pit. I got off and showed him it was OK
and he did not even flinch at it this week. My older horses are wise and
still very useful. Dana Snyder RN, Health Services Officer, Civil Air
Patrol, New Century Composite Squadron, Gardner, KS

Terry Nowacki <wwfarm@wiktel.com> wrote:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

and

Happy Trails