msar-riders - [MSAR] Critical Separation and More

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lauri McBeath-Davies" <wcsar406@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Critical Separation and More
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 11:23:56 -0700

I highly recommend the book FOG SAR by ERI. It's a SAR skills handbook (FOG stands for Field Operations Guide). It was written by Richard Smith, Rick LaValla, Rick Hood, Norm Lawson & Guy Kerr. I have seen some of these guy at the annual Washington State SAR conference. They are very good and so is the book. Last time I spoke to Rick, he was trying to get a new version published, but I haven't seen it yet. You can contact ERI at info@eri-intl.com or 360-491-7785.

Another great resource for training is Hugh Dougher. I think he's in the midwest now, but he's origanlly from Washington State. He teaches Search Management and Critical Separation. If anyone is interested in contacting Hugh, send me an email and I will find out how Hugh would like to be contacted.

-Lauri
Search & Rescue - 4x4, Swiftwater, RACES, Summit To Sound, & Hug-A-Tree
KD7PSI
wcsar406@hotmail.com