msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Western cowboy hat helmet

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: JEANRDH@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Western cowboy hat helmet
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:21:58 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/2006 11:03:13 A.M. Central Standard Time,
msar-riders-request@lists.ibiblio.org writes:

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a riding helmet that is
> styled like a cowboy hat.

Sue,
There was one made by International, called "Sport Guard" that was
discontinued several years ago. I have the straw one, but it is too small
and I have
been trying to find a replacement for years via eBay, to no avail.
Our Mounted Patrol unit is looking at the Troxel Dakota and Laredo helmets.

Jean Fredlund

Dakota County Sheriff's Mounted Patrol
MN Sheriff's Mounted Posse Association
Search, Rescue, and Recovery Resources of MN

  • Re: [MSAR] Western cowboy hat helmet, JEANRDH, 06/29/2006