msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Shoeing Question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Shoeing Question
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:11:55 -0800

As an alternative to the easy boot, consider the Old Macs. www.oldmacs.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar Tulare-Kings CERT www.tk-cert.org
----- Original Message ----- From: "Wright" <owright@internetpro.net>
Maybe this has been discussed before, but I am interested in knowing
what (if any) special shoeing other MSAR riders use on their horses. I
know some of the riders who went down to the Gulf coast after Hurricane
Katrina put pads on their horses for some protection against nails and
other debris. I know of at least one who prevented a bad situation with
that.
I have used regular shoes, barefoot, easy boots, borium on shoes, and
the composite shoes (Ground Control) for different horses in various
situations. Just curious as to what others do.
Susan W