msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Propose to your local AHJ
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:07:45 -0800

From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
the EMA director desired to have our group ready for major callouts after a
large scale event. MSAR can handle not only specific searches, but can
contribute to multiple searches after tornados, floods or other large
events. Our group has agreed to participate in such events.

Chuck, if you anticipate MSAR disaster response - and I heartily approve - I strongly recommend going after at least basic level cross-training for disaster response. The CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) program under Homeland Security would be a great first step and provide a foundation to build on. Your EM should be aware of available local CERT training, or visit http://citizencorps.gov/programs

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar
Tulare-Kings CERT
www.tk-cert.org

Learn about Disaster SAR-related discussion on:
www.tk-cert.org/natlsar/